Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tennessee #9 seed

Quick reaction - I love our match-up with a soft #8 seed Michigan and like our match-up with Duke as well.

I haven't seen much of Michigan this year, but I saw enough of the Big 10 to be unimpressed. Michigan hasn't been dancing in a while, so they may be happy just to be there. I haven't seen the Vegas lines yet, but I'll bet we're a bucket favorite in what ought to be a pick'em game.

Duke is good, but not great. The game will be in Charlotte (bad), Nolan Smith is the best player I have seen this year not named Jimmer (bad), and you've got Coach K in March (really bad)...BUT. I think we match-up pretty well with Duke. Goins will pressure Smith up and down the floor, we have post depth to match theirs, and we guard the pick & roll pretty well. How much fun would it be to knock out the defending champs.

More thoughts tomorrow.

1 comment: